Saturday, September 3, 2022

[PLAYLIST] KPOPPY's first half of 2022

I feel like we might be just starting to shift towards a new trend. Or at least that this one is finally showing signs of slowing down. I'm more than ready to leave behind the super noisy, sing-talking/chanting, Frankensteiny stuff. Pleeeaaaase.

Pop-rock has been on the rise. Probably some Olivia Rodrigo influence there. I'm enjoying it!

As I've been trying to catch up with all these yearly playlists I'm behind on, I decided to simplify them in a couple ways. 1st half of the year will be 30 tracks and full year will be 50 tracks. I'll also just be including the list and a few honorable mentions instead of writing a bunch about selected tracks and extra things. That'll motivate me to get all caught up.

Out of the top 30 my utmost faves are Taeyeon's 'INVU' and B.I/DeVita's 'BTBT'.

[Link to full playlist on YouTube]

My 30 favorites in chronological order:

  1. CHOCOME - Super Yuppers!
  2. HYOLYN (feat. Jooyoung) - Layin' Low
  3. MAX CHANGMIN - Devil
  4. OnlyOneOf - skinz
  5. U SUNG EUN - Like Tonight
  6. BamBam - Slow Mo
  7. Lee Jin Ah - Rum Pum Pum
  8. Epik High (feat. Wonstein, pH-1) - Super Rare
  9. TAEYEON - INVU
  10. WOOSUNG - Hangover
  11. 9001 - Zinnia
  12. Park Bom (w/Kim Minseok) - Flower
  13. XIA Junsu - HANA
  14. Kwon Jin Ah - Pink!
  15. SWJA - Burst it all  (live)
  16. Ha Hyun Woo - My Enemy
  17. ONEW - DICE
  18. Llwyd - TIPSY
  19. Dreamcatcher - MAISON
  20. Kim Sung Kyu - Savior
  21. RoaD-B - Nonstop
  22. COCONA - Amoo-rae-do
  23. B.I (feat. DeVita) - BTBT
  24. CL - Chuck
  25. Yerin Baek - Pisces
  26. ADORA - Trouble? Travel!
  27. JANNABI - summerfallwinter sprinG.
  28. JO YURI - Love Shhh!
  29. LOONA - Flip That
  30. SUNMI - Heart Burn


Honorable Mentions

English:

There were some nice English tracks out. Eric Nam's is so beautiful. Even appreciated aespa's, as cheesy as it is, just a solid track with a good message (There is also a Korean version now).

Top Tearjerkers:

The animation for PSY's Happier is killer. Beautifully done. And also... Capitalism grinding people to a pulp. Then JaeSu releasing a duet. Not a particularly interesting Japanese OST track, but oh god, just seeing them singing together again turned me into a puddle.

That's it! Keeping it short!

No comments:

Post a Comment