Sunday, October 6, 2024

[MEDIA] NMIXX - Tiny Desk Korea


This has been out for a few weeks, but I keep coming back to it. Wanted to show it some love with a post. NMIXX had a fantastic Tiny Desk. Brilliant arrangements by the band and excellent vocal choices for the setting and different styles. And the thing I love the most is that there is basically no post-production to clean up or perfect their voices. Feels like I'm back in 2nd gen with that beautiful raw sound.

I'm not someone who gets super bent out of shape about how hyper-tuned everything in K-Pop has been for like a decade now. It's the way it is. Probably an inevitable industry-shift that can't be stopped. But god I love it when the full character of what singers are doing can be properly heard. I'd rather hear little quirks and breaks and off-notes than a machine. Dancing your ass off? Okay, machine it up. But standing at a mic? I wanna hear ya! Thankful to NMIXX and co. for doing this. They sound fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment