Tuesday, November 7, 2023

[MV] Jungkook (BTS) - Standing Next to You (Eng.)


Well damn. I got my wish to have a new JK solo track I could fully jam to and enjoy. Huzzah! This genre is my thing. Highly dance-able retro funk. Vocal sounds fabulous and clean. Killer video. I have no idea what's happening, but I'm entertained. Looking forward to the choreography/practice versions. Only thing that could make it better is if it was in Korean, but I don't mind the English lyrics. Happy! He has done a couple of live performances by now and nailed it, of course. He's in that small club of performers who can dance full-out and still have solid vocals, like Hyolyn and Junsu. Fun to watch.

The rest of the album is fine. I get the purpose of it as specific project, compiling a bunch of his favorites from the foreign producer demos BTS gets sent constantly. It's not a heavy or especially personal record, just doing what interested him, working on his English, and picking stuff he could perform the hell out of before enlistment.

No comments:

Post a Comment