Thursday, October 12, 2017

[ADMIN] A smoke-laden update

FYI, I'm in Northern California. KPOPPY is named thusly for our lovely California poppies around here. Since the middle of the night on Sunday, I have been in the eye of a firestorm that has massively destroyed significant areas of the place I've called home for 31 years. I am insanely lucky to still have my house. Many of my friends had only minutes warning to flee their homes before they burned down behind them. I was without power/internet for a while and shifting around to safe areas.

I'm one of the fortunate few to be safely in my home again, but the region is still burning and things could change at a moment's notice. Doing a big update while I can right now (grateful for something 'normal' to do), but I can't guarantee I'll be as on top of things for another week or two. Glad to still be with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment