Saturday, July 15, 2023

[MV] Jungkook (feat. Latto) - Seven (Eng.)


Well, glad to hear him with better vocal production, but I was right to be wary of the intense promo hype from Scooter Braun and company. Not really unexpected it would be a generic Top40 pop track, and I hope his album later this year will be more interesting, but I'm uncomfortable with the lyrics and MV narrative!

It's lyrically so basic and... horny. Lol. The Explicit Version is especially bad. Like, I know you're stressed out honey, so lets have sex absolutely constantly. Could not stop laughing when I first listened to it. Then the MV is really fun and cinematic and hilarious, but can also come across as the gross trope of a guy persistently chasing a woman that isn't interested until she is finally worn down and acquiesces. I think they were trying to make it feel like a couple in an established relationship having an argument and JK's character will do anything to apologize... but it doesn't quite get there for me. It's done really well though. The laundromat scene is so great. And the funeral. Lol. Han SoHee's expressions are gold.

This is totally going to fulfil its purpose and completely smash the charts and break records. So that'll be fun. Will just keep my eyes looking ahead to Jungkook's future album for something more my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment