Friday, August 19, 2022

[MV] BLACKPINK - Pink Venom


Oh boy. The teaser had looked pretty enticing... but this is rough. BlackPink's stuff is typically not my thing, but I can usually appreciate a characteristic sound even if it's not for me. However, this is like the empty shell of what Teddy's production formula has always been. I liked the traditional instrumentation and that's where the positives end for me.

I think I'm even more disappointed with the MV. Looks like it was expensive to make, but the editing cheapens it with so many rapid-fire cuts. BP's MVs are eye-candy and this one could have been if the cuts weren't so distracting and disorienting. That just seems lazy to me.

Still only a pre-release though. The album will be out in a month. Maybe the lead at that time will be stronger and more cohesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment