Thursday, February 6, 2020

[MONTHLY] Favorites for JANUARY 2020

It was a really slow start to the year for me. Not much caught my ear. My top choices were the pH-1 collab with Yerin Baek on 'Nerdy Love' and the previously unknown-to-me outside of features, Jhnovr with 'U'.

Nerdy Love is all feel-good vibes, Yerin's lovely voice, cute animation, and a 'fun'(?) topic lyrically. Unusual at least. Then Jhnovr, which I haven't the slightest idea how to pronounce, has this quiet, dark, R&B track for maximum chill. He's rockin' a cool/odd look throughout the MV as well, which I'm here for.

I considered BTS's Black Swan for the top, but as you know, autotune destroys my soul. If that wasn't present, it would be one of my favorite songs and pieces of promo material I've ever experienced in K-Pop, especially including the orchestral version. I actually prefer that one to the album track. Featuring contemporary dance like that is super rad. Made me happy.





In the full post: DONGKIZ, ATEEZ, YOUNHA, SUGA, SUZANNE, ENOi, Insooni, BTS, Bandgrin, Crush, and Balming Tiger.
























Also love this audio-only track from Younha:

No comments:

Post a Comment