Monday, December 9, 2019

[MONTHLY] Favorites for NOVEMBER 2019

Let's have a top 3 for last month. Anyone who has followed KPOPPY for a while will probably have some sense I like dark sounding music. Moody. Melancholy. That really came through in November. Brighter tracks are definitely outnumbered here.

I absolutely loved (G)I-DLE's 'LION', especially the dark but delicate intro and outro. Also into the message/lyrics. Good stuff. Then 1TEAM's 'MAKE THIS' is more typical for a boy group sound in the verses, but then the chorus caught me off guard. It's just so crunchy and bass-y. No vocal. Something about this sound is totally satisfying for me. Finally, I really enjoyed MAMAMOO's 'HIP'. Not much a fan of the video, but just listening to the song in isolation felt like a callback to some of their earliest music with a weird mix of bluesy/almost ragtime elements and hip hop. Interesting.







In the full post: HINAPIA, Vincent, HyunA, Primary, Ordinary Pep, Young Sky, MOMMY SON, Jane/Stella Jang (cheating since it's in French, the guitar though!), XIA, Jukjae, SLEEPY, Guckkasten, and IU.

























And I'll add IU here at the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment