Saturday, November 9, 2019

[MONTHLY] Favorites for OCTOBER 2019

I spent most of October white-knuckling it on the edge of an evacuation zone and massive wildfire, with no electricity or internet. Not super conducive to giving K-Pop the usual amount of attention. Lol. I still have a bunch of albums to catch up on.

Only one top pick for the month! It's Taeyeon's 'Spark'. Partly because the fire in the MV made me genuinely uncomfortable. I guess I can count myself among the many Californians who now have fire-related PTSD. Oh boy! Partly because PG&E cut off power to a huge population to prevent 'sparking' a wildfire and then it was one of their own still-on transmission lines that 'sparked' the Kincade. So, I have 'sparks' on the mind.

But mostly because I genuinely love this track. A lot of Taeyeon's recent stuff has a rock/blues feel, which is totally my jam. This one has some Rolling in the Deep vibes, but with more vibrant pop energy. I dig.



In the full post: Limesoda, Ladies' Code, N.Flying, SURL, WENGIE/MINNIE, AleXa, ONF, TXT, NU'EST, AIVAN, Brown Eyed Girls, Hoody, and Leenzy.




























1 comment: