Sunday, November 6, 2016

[MV] MAMAMOO - Décalcomanie



EDIT: The original MV has since been taken down and replaced. Looks like there were enough complaints about Solar's scene that they removed those clips. I'm pleased with that result. I'll leave my initial reaction intact. Very glad RBW was least able to change that little bit.

Oh MAMAMOO, and the mixed feelings you give me...

The song is good. I especially liked the intro part although it becomes a more standard pop song for the rest.
The MV though. Oh, the MV. They look absolutely fantastic. The part with them in menswear and the mirrored performance was rad. I wish that had been more fully explored. Instead there is this long interlude that removes you from the song as you watch each member 'played' by some dude. And there are all my least favorite romantic tropes. Wrist-grabs. Turning someone around bodily. Trapping someone against a wall. With the kiss scenes, consent is pretty clear with a couple of them. One is dubious. And then Solar's looks like a full-on sexual assault. It turned my stomach and poisoned the whole well for me.

So I'm upset about that.

My hope is there will be a performance version without the uncomfortable interlude.
I kinda feel the genre of song, which is borderline country, doesn't fit with the MV concept at all.
But I think they'll work it out for the live performances. Don't they always? XD


(flashbulb strobe lighting in the 2nd half)


They also released a concert MV for 'Tears'. I'll put that in the full post.
It's pretty cute with messages from family members at the end. Emotional. T_T

--------------------------
TEARS:

No comments:

Post a Comment