Thursday, November 19, 2020

[MV] BTS - Life Goes On


I sobbed.
Been a hard fucking year.

This is the happiest I've been with a Bangtan album since YNWA. That issue I've had with the vocal production on the last few albums is less absolute on BE. It's definitely still there, but there are more times when it's gone entirely. I still hear excessive pitch correction on Fly To My Room and Telepathy (and Dynamite). But Blue & Grey is a ballad and it's very minimal there. Might be my favorite on the album. And then Dis-ease and Stay have certain phrases heavily tuned, but the rest is normal. I recommend Dis-ease the most to anyone missing the oldschool Bangtan sound. Also Stay... which is closer to Wings vibes.

And other than Suga's verse, Life Goes On has relatively raw vocals. Very tolerable for me and I love love love it. It's the most lowkey BTS lead track. Only Just One Day and Spring Day are in the same ballpark. The video kinda destroyed me. It's really beautiful. Jungkook's direction is very him. Very GCF.

Pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment